New Event Funding Available
Columbia Valley Tourism Marketing Society is excited to launch our new Columbia Valley Events Funding Program.
This new events funding program aims to support and elevate community and destination-defining events. Funding is available to provide incremental marketing and execution support for new and existing events in the Columbia Valley.
If you’re in RDEK Area G, RDEK Area F, Village of Radium Hot Springs, District of Invermere, or Village of Canal Flats, we can support you.
Make your event the highlight of Columbia Valley. We’re ready to help – let’s make it happen!
The Columbia Valley Events Funding Program is committed to elevating the Columbia Valley as a year-round destination. The event funding is intended to create opportunities for businesses, community groups, and non-profits to animate and enhance the destination experience and draw visitors to the region during non-peak times.
General Funding Criteria:
- Events must take place in the Columbia Valley
- Events should support attracting visitors to the region and drive overnight bookings
- Events will align with regional tourism and destination development goals
- Contributes to the growth of the Columbia Valley’s identity and branding
Funding Guidelines & Criteria
- Funding Allocation: Travel Columbia Valley funding may be used for any event activity. A 15% holdback will be placed on the funds until receipt of the final report. Failure to submit a report may lead to denial of future applications.
- Event Assessment: Each project is individually evaluated by the Destination Director, and team members. The tourism contribution is exclusive of PST and GST. Funding between ($250-$2,000) For funding over $2000 please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Proposal and Confirmation: Following project discussions, the application form must be completed. Travel Columbia Valley offers an application template to streamline this process. Upon proposal review, the applicant will receive confirmation of the level of support.
- Acknowledgment of Sponsorship: TCV logo and use agreement will be provided. Events are encouraged to engage and mention Travel Columbia Valley in your social media feed.
- Post-event Reporting: All successful applicants are required to submit a report, please use the template provided.
- Timely Completion: To access approved Travel Columbia Valley event funds, confirmation of project completion, supported by documentation and a final report, must be provided within 30 days of the event’s conclusion.
- Fiscal Year Spending: Funds must be expended within the fiscal calendar year, with extension requests subject to approval.
- Cancellation: If the event is canceled or changes are made, please email email@example.com as soon as possible.
We are committed to working in partnership with you to make your event a remarkable success and showcase the beauty of the Columbia Valley to the visitor.
<script src=”https://www.cognitoforms.com/f/seamless.js” data-key=”7CUrZbyafUmGv3uUyu3ADw” data-form=”16″></script>
Find Things to Do and Places to Stay in the Columbia Valley!
There’s so much to see and do in the Columbia Valley! Whether you’re chasing waterfalls in Sinclair Canyon, teeing off at championship golf courses, or unwinding in natural hot springs, our guide is your passport to a personalized adventure. Packed with exclusive insights and local stays, it’s the key to unlocking the full spectrum of experiences waiting for you.