- This event has passed.
The Invermere Community Drum Circle
November 15 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Rhythm By Nature and the Columbia Valley Arts Council brings you a fully interactive and immersive experience twice a month at the Invermere Community Drum Circle.
Professionally facilitated, you will learn about the history of the drum, drumming cultures, and drumming techniques but that’s only the beginning!
Here are just some reasons why this event is for you:
- Group drumming releases stress and negative emotions.
- You’re forced into the present moment.
- You align your body and mind with the natural world.
- It induces deep relaxation
- It provides a sense of empowerment.
- It can reduce chronic pain & boost the immune system.
- You’re offered a non-verbal communicative tool.
- It allows for personal transformation.
- Oh, and it’s a whole lot of fun!
Depending on the time of year and weather conditions, the sessions are held inside or outside the venue, so dress for both. If you have a drum, you’re encouraged to bring it, however, instruments are provided and no experience is necessary. Just bring your hands and your heart and let your spirit soar!